Mindfulness with Compassion?
Our Mission – to develop your potential in life and at work through mindfulness- and compassion-based practices by:
- Promoting resilience and wellbeing so you can meet life’s ups and downs
- Building relationships and authenticity through compassionate communication
- Leader and team development and caring, high-trust, relationship-centric, work communities
An introduction to mindfulness
Featuring Jon Kabat-Zinn, the leading expert and pioneer of mindfulness training
The course benefited me greatly in both my personal and professional lifeDr. J R Mason
An enjoyable, thought provoking and insightful workshop that will lead to enhanced working relationshipsAdrian Choynaski
Some of our courses
A human being is a part of the whole, called by us “Universe,” a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security.Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
What is Mindfulness with Compassion about?
Mindfulness and Compassion practice are in many senses counter intuitive, counter cultural and paradoxical. Through not striving and attaining, we invite wholeness and a natural wellbeing to emerge. Through not trying to fix and force change, we hear and sense more intimately our deeper needs.
Hallmarks of our approach
- Inner relationship for balance and wholeness
- Grounding for direct experience that is whole-body and sensory based
- ‘Allowing’ with appreciation rather than fix, analyse, educate, blame or judge
- Pausing to reconnect with the whole of us
- Choice in where and how you place your attention
- Intention to be consistently self aware
- Compassionately connecting
- Intuitive, spontaneous, open free flowing experience
- Presence for an ‘in the body’ sense of holding and being with emotions
- Cultivating qualities such as curiosity, kindness, equanimity, resilience, etc
- Respond to the mystery of existence / experience with openness and curiosity
- Purpose, meaning and direction
Definition of compassion
Compassion literally means ‘to suffer together’. It is defined as the feeling that arises when you are confronted with another’s suffering and feel motivated to relieve that suffering.
Definitions of mindfulness
An open and receptive attention to and awareness of what is occurring in the present moment.
K. W. & R. M Ryan
Mindfulness is a means to remember to pay attention to what is occurring in one’s immediate experience with care and discernment.
S L. Shapiro & L E. Carson
Waking up from a life lived on automatic pilot and based in habitual responding.
D. J. Siegal
Mindfulness means paying attention in a particular way; on purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgmentally.
What is mindlessness?!
This is when attention and awareness capacities are scattered due to preoccupation with past memories or future plans and worries; this, in turn, leading to a limited awareness and attention to experiences in the present moment. The corollary being that quality of life is compromised, never quite living in the present, with huge implications for relationships, work standards, contentment, happiness, safety etc.
Definition of mindfulness with compassion
Mindfulness with compassion engenders a wholehearted receptive awareness of one’s direct experience as it unfolds, with a quality of discernment and willingness to meet the needs of self and others.
The videos below feature two leading mindfulness experts.
Mindfulness is not a special state you achieve through a trick or a technique. It is a way of being.Jon Kabat-Zinn
I am feeling remarkably well and calm – the session seemed to have a profound effect on me. I hardly dare say it in case it changes!Sally C
I experienced a feeling of calm, and a new direction in transforming my life.Linda Rutland