What are the benefits of mindfulness with compassion?
Research published by the University of Oxford in November 2013 examined the effects of a mindfulness course for 273 people, and showed after one month:
- reduction in anxiety levels 58% 58%
- reduction in depression 57% 57%
- reduction in stress 40% 40%
I believe that the best way to develop a high-performance business in the long term is to develop a caring, high-trust, relationship-centric culture. These cultures nurture a sense of purpose, connection, and compassion, where the business results are a consequence enjoyed when leaders and teams practice the primary goal of building a caring community every day. This is quite a paradigm shift from the command and control ethos that tradition has handed us down.
- Enhance teams for high-performance
- Relationship-centric culture
- Sense of shared purpose
- Inspires voluntary commitment
- Resilience to reduce stress
- Greater focus, clarity and creativity
- Engenders initiative and responsibility
- Builds a caring community
- Effective leaders, managers and workers
Further studies into the role of mindfulness in the workplace are showing that it could improve productivity, decrease sickness absence and generally improve workplace well-being.
There is nothing under heaven that can buy voluntary commitment. You can buy a person’s hands and back, but not their heart and mind.Stephen Covey
According to the Mental Health Foundation, studies looking at the effectiveness of mindfulness have reported the following benefits:
- Feel whole–hearted & happier
- Improved relationships
- Chronic pain alleviation
- Resilience and balance
- Dozens of health benefits
- Addiction / eating disorder support
- Supports sleep and lifestyle benefits
- Be more centred & grounded
- Promotes creativity
- Meaning & purpose
- Reduce depression, anxiety and stress
The evidence has been so strong in fact that nearly three-quarters of GPs have said they feel all patients would benefit by learning mindfulness meditation.
I am riding the wave of whole embodiment, knowing there is so much more to it and content to sit with what I have learnt and fully immerse myself in being able to REALLY BE with myself for the first time in my life!Chloe