Mindful Leader mentoring
Mindful leader mentoring offers support to learn, incorporate and integrate mindfulness with compassion skills so you can be more effective and fulfilled in the work place. The emphasis here is on leadership, coping and people skills to engage at work with more resilience and creativity through the challenges and pressures.
Compassionate communication offers a paradigm shift in how we relate, where quality of connection is primary. It moves away from authoritative, power and control strategy into a more collaborative approach, serving both the shared task, and respect and care for the individual concerned.
Full spectrum mindfulness at work
As a manager you have various needs: personal growth, self care, work-life balance, team & communication skills, conflict resolution… Full spectrum mindfulness will equip you with a range of skills that takes into account all your needs at work, connected to the core principles (mindfulness/compassion).Read more
So what really holds people and teams together? Relationships. Advances in neuroscience have produced numerous studies suggesting individuals and groups who have a low trust, low respect relationship with their company and with each other perform much more poorly in solving problems.Read more
Mindful leader mentoring
This offers you mindfulness- and compassion-based strategies and practices in line with leading edge management thinking where building a high-trust and a relationship-centric culture is central to growth.
Through this mentoring, you will be supported to
- Incorporate the principles of Mindfulness and Compassion into your work
- Be creative and compassionate towards your own inner critic
- Learn how to maintain your balance and wellbeing, even under pressure
- Develop a wellbeing program that will work for you
- Learn how to compassionately listen within and without
- Work with frustrations and strong feelings for ease and calm
- Learn how to compassionately self soothe
- Enhance your leadership and team qualities
- Enhance how you give and receive feedback
- Learn compassionate conflict resolution
- Learn compassionate and mindful communication
This mentoring approach will respond to you as an individual and begin with your concerns and needs in the present moment, where there is a strong degree of collaboration. Together we can co-create a program to meet your ongoing professional and personal needs, whatever they may be.
Suitable if you are in a leadership position. No mindfulness of compassion-based practice experience is necessary.
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
Either in person, by Skype, or on the phone – at a time or place most convenient for you.
Full spectrum mindfulness at work
Develop your teams towards the quality of collaboration needed for high performance. Mindfulness and compassion practised at work is known as Right Livelihood. We offer a powerful combination of mindfulness and compassion based practices and approaches gleaned from our experience in a Right Livelihood business (Windhorse Trading, Cambridge) who were nominated one of the fastest growing top one hundred businesses in the UK for six years by the Independent on Sunday. The full spectrum approach has been tried and tested, with recent research to back up the power of mindfulness and Compassion at work.
This course offers mindfulness and compassion based practices for all the major work areas
- Conflict Resolution
- Stress Management
- Team development
- Leadership enhancement
- Community building
Full spectrum Mindfulness at work will be drawing from
- Compassionate communication aka Nonviolent Communication
- Compassion and Mindfulness based meditation
- Mindful Self-compassion practices
- Adair’s Team, Task and Individual development model
- Mindful Movement
Teams and managers, and for those who want individual input, one to one coaching can be arranged
Courses are flexible to allow for convenience and staff availability, so we tailor to match.. We could offer a series of individual or half days, followed up by Mindfulness with Compassion action learning sets to integrate the practices into your working life.
Advances in neuroscience offer studies suggesting employees who have a low trust and respect relationship with their company and with each other perform much more poorly in solving problems.
The working memory and pre-fontal cortex of our brain shut down dramatically when stressed, at risk, or demoralised.
Alternatively, community that develops trust, connection and compassion can realise the following benefits
- Staff voluntary commitment, not a ‘do minimum, follow orders culture’.
- A caring, high-trust, relationship-centric culture
- Teams with optimal creativity, learning and synergistic collaboration
- Higher performance and quality of life.
- Respectful and genuine communication and relationships
- Stronger common vision and shared purpose
The enhanced business results are a consequence enjoyed when leaders and teams practice the primary goal of building a caring community every day.
Compassionate Communication offers a practical and doable means to authenticity where the emphasis is on quality of connection and appreciation.
Compassionate Communication will help you to
- Inspire greater trust and meaning in all your relationships
- Make clear requests that others will willingly respond to
- Community build
- Work more collaboratively with others
- Empathise a way that will enrich your connection
- Resolve conflicts to ‘connect and empower’, rather than ‘divide and fall’
- Give and receive feedback safely and in a non-threatening way
- Naturally increase your self-confidence and sense of wellbeing
- Breathe new life and inspiration into stagnant relationships
Watch a video featuring Marhsall B Rosenburg, who developed Non-Violent Communication
Everything we do is in service of our needs. When this one concept is applied to our view of others, we’ll see that we have no real enemies, that what others do to us is the best possible thing they know to do to get their needs met.Marshall B Rosenburg